The release of Rockstar’s last open-world game, Red Dead Redemption 2, is so close you can almost hear the gunshots and feel the saddle on the horse carrying you down a dusty path. Rockstar operates on its own schedule and releases games only when they’re ready. When they come out, they tend to be landmark events in the gaming world. From everything we’ve seen so far–including our hands-on time with the game–Red Dead Redemption 2 promises to be one of the biggest games of the year.
If you pre-order a digital copy of the game, you can pre-load it now. You might have to delete a game (or 10) off your hard drive first, though, because a game this big has an install size to match.
The game itself stars Arthur Morgan and the Dutch van der Linde gang–whose members include John Marston, the star of the original game. The game releases for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One on October 26, 2018. Its accompanying online multiplayer mode, Red Dead Online, will launch in beta at some point in November. All owners of the base game will receive free access to it, and it will not be available separately.
A new gameplay trailer showcased more of the single-player component’s open-world gameplay. That includes a variety of heists you can take part in and some of the customization options at your disposal.
You don’t have to wait until October 26 to secure your copy–you can pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2 right now from a number of retailers, both in-store and online. Here’s all the information you need to know to lock in your Red Dead pre-order.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Pre-Order Bonus
Pre-order Red Dead Redemption 2, and you’ll get a couple of digital goodies for your trouble.
- War Horse: An Ardennes War Horse with greater courage and stamina than the average steed.
- The Outlaw Survival Kit: Contains a collection of key supplies, including items to replenish Health, Dead Eye, and more.
If you pre-order a digital edition of the game, you can begin downloading it on Friday, October 19. You won’t be able to play the game until it launches on the 26, but downloading it early means you won’t have to wait for the massive download once the game is available.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Digital Pre-Order Bonus
Anyone who pre-orders a digital version of Red Dead Redemption 2 from the PlayStation Store or Xbox Store will get the bonuses listed above, plus a handful of other digital freebies thrown in for good measure.
- Cash Bonus for Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Mode
- Treasure Map: Gives you a head start on the hunt for hidden riches. Must pre-order by July 31, 2018 to receive.
- Bonus GTA$: Immediate download that contains in-game currency for Grand Theft Auto Online. Here’s the breakdown of how much GTA$ you get for each edition: Standard Edition – $500,000 | Special Edition – $1 million | Ultimate Edition – $2 million.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Standard Edition
This edition comes with the relevant pre-order bonuses listed above, plus the core game. Here’s where you can pre-order it.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Special Edition
The special edition of Red Dead Redemption 2 comes with the core game, plus the following items.
- World map
- Bank Robbery Mission and Gang Hideout in Story Mode
- Dappled Black Thoroughbred: A racehorse with exceptional speed and acceleration; it comes with a special saddle.
- Talisman and Medallion Gameplay Bonuses: These special Story Mode items will give Arthur a helping hand whenever they are equipped.
- Gameplay Boosts, Cash Bonuses & Discounts
- The Nuevo Paraiso Gunslinger Outfit: Inspired by the clothing worn by vaqueros and banditos south of the border.
- Free Access to Three Additional Weapons: Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun, and Lancaster Varmint Rifle.
Here’s where you can buy the special edition.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Ultimate Edition
The ultimate edition comes with all the content from the special edition, plus the following.
- Bonus Outfits: The Blackrose Bounty Hunter Outfit and The Copperhead Enforcer Outfit.
- Black Chestnut Thoroughbred: A racehorse and special saddle, both available in online.
- Free Access to the Survivor Camp Theme
- Free Access to Additional Weapons: Get access to the Volcanic Pistol, Pump Action Shotgun and Lancaster Varmint Rifle, free of charge from Gunsmiths in online.
- Rank Bonuses: As a great start for all Ultimate Edition players, you can rank up faster in online, up to rank 25.
Here’s where you can pre-order the ultimate edition.
Red Dead Redemption 2 Collector’s Box
First off, it’s important to note that the Collector’s Box does not include the game. So if you’re going to pre-order it, make sure you also get yourself a separate copy of the game or you’ll be very disappointed come launch day. What the Collector’s Box does include is a bunch of physical goodies.
- Metal Tithing Box with Lock & Key
- Collectable Challenge Coin
- Double Sided Puzzle
- Six Shooter Bandana
- Treasure Map
- Pin Set
- Playing Cards
- Wheeler, Rawson and Co. Catalogue
- 12 Cigarette Cards
Here’s where you can pre-order the collector’s box.